The Little Rock K-9 Academy has been approved by the Arkansas State Approving Agency to provide education and training under Chapter 33 of the Post – 9/11 GI Bill.
The Little Rock K-9 Academy currently offers the following courses:
- Supervisor’s Course – Overseeing & Understanding Canine Handlers
- Utility Dog (Narcotic Detection &Tracking) Handler Course
- Basic Narcotic Detector Dog Handler Course
- Basic Police Service Dog Handler Course
- Police Canine Instructor Course
Courses Tuition, books and training materials may be paid for by the Department of Veterans Affairs utilizing your GI Bill benefits.
All students will learn how to select, train and handle detector / patrol dogs at the end of the specified course. This will greatly facilitate obtaining employment as a canine handler at law enforcement agency or the establishment of a canine services business.
Note – Veterans may be eligible for a monthly housing allowance (MHA) payment from the VA.
We have developed a unique educational program with focus on two target applicant groups.
- Law enforcement officers, US military veterans, active military members and civilians pursuing a canine career in or private security services.
- Law enforcement agencies, particularly those with budget constraints. An law enforcement officers wanting to become a canine officer and eligible via his/her military service could attend training under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Thus, a law enforcement officer wanting to add to an existing K-9 unit, or wanting to create a K9 Unit and also wanting to obtain additional canine training.
Should you have questions about our training courses or to request our Catalog of Courses,
please email: email@example.com or call 501-888-DAWG (3294)
Dept. of Veterans Affairs Facility Code: VA 2-5-0296-04
Certified to operate by:
NOTE: Approval by the Arkansas State Approving Agency to offer training and education under Chapter 33 of the Post-9/11 GI Bill is not an endorsement of the courses. It is approval under public law to provide education and training.